The main aim of LODZistics – Logistic Business Network of Central Poland is to establish a professional centre for co-ordination of the logistic potential development in the Lodzkie Region and to advance its international competitiveness.
The initiative has brought together businesses, R&D entities, business support institutions, while being also open to local government bodies, individuals or legal persons active in the sector of logistics and transport.
Distribution System of Lodzkie Voivodship
The main aim of the project is to integrate in the first place two modes of transport: car and air through:
- Implementation of the aviation operating system design project that manages the traffic of concentrated cargo at Wł. Reymont airport in Lodz
- The software bundles the preparation for the carriage of air cargo with the timetable and flights of aircraft and RFS cars
- The system places particular emphasis on procedural processes, performance control, continuity and process quality management.
- The software will detect threats and disruptions in the handling of shipments.
- Routine correspondence will be automated with regard to cooperation with airlines systems.
- We anticipate data entry by airport customers and the ability to obtain information on the current status of the shipment.
The system is flexible and allows modifications from the administrator level.
The Łódź Distribution System will be open and offer services to all associated logistics companies.
Once deployed and tested, ŁSD will be able to be implemented on other types of transport, such as rail and sea freight.